If you represent an SME and are interested in discussing your project or innovation with PTAC, we ask that you please fill out this online preliminary intake form and submit it or alternatively, download this PTAC Preliminary Intake Form and return as directed. Upon receipt we will then reach out to you to schedule a meeting.
ALBERTA UPSTREAM PETROLEUM RESEARCH FUND
Over 439 additional projects related to the development of smart policies, regulations and best practices for the sustainable development of Alberta’s world class hydrocarbon resources have been launched through PTAC’s Alberta Upstream Petroleum Research Fund (AUPRF). To view these projects, please go to auprf.ptac.org.
- Phase 1 Testing / Assessments of Alternate Products as Replacements for Cement in Well Remediation and Closure/Abandonment
- Plug and Abandon Strategies for Canada’s Oil & Gas Wells to stop Surface Casing Vent Flow (SCVF) and Gas Migration (GM)
- Multi-year compositional, isotopic and microbial investigation of methane migration issues to develop “best-practices” for industry
- Methane Emissions – Risk Tool – Site Prioritization and Emission Closure Guidelines
- Methods to Identify Product Placement Behind Pipe & Identify Drilling Practices to Optimize Well Integrity with Primary Cementing
- Identify GHG Level for Well Repair and Monitoring of Sweet Natural Gas Wells to Identify Acceptable Leak Rate