Petroleum Technology Alliance Canada (PTAC) is an energetic organization that serves as a neutral non-profit facilitator of collaborative R&D and technology development, and operates in partnership with all industry stakeholders to transform challenges into opportunities. By effectively leveraging financial resources and technical expertise through our proven model, PTAC has been able to support collaborative networks which advance innovative R&D and technology development projects, that address pertinent industry challenges through activities which reduce environmental footprint and costs, increase reserves, production, and value added products, and provide our industry with the social license to operate.
PTAC manages two Networks which serve as hybrid virtual/hands-on entrepreneurial hubs with the mission of launching innovative applied research and technology development projects in support of and the oil and gas industry. These Networks provide:
- Uniform, neutral and complete communications to all stakeholders;
- A unique interactive digital media platform for engagement and collaboration;
- Educational and knowledge mobilization opportunities through media articles, web posts, webinars, workshops, and the annual innovation showcase, the new Net-Zero Conference & Expo, among other events;
- Alignment of the current fledging community of practice into a common understanding of research needs, technology gaps, scientific opportunities and promising developments;
- Relevant and market driven applied research and technology development projects, informed by respected scientific advisors, experienced end-users, and prospective customers;
- Recognition of excellence through annual student and small and medium sized enterprise innovation awards.
Offering flexible hours, PTAC is seeking a proactive Communications Specialist to join our team. The Communications Specialist will primarily be dedicated to supporting and facilitating the Networks from a communications, events and administrative perspective, but will also have an opportunity to network with a variety of stakeholders working at the forefront of the oil and gas industry and help facilitate the day to day operations of PTAC.
Reporting to PTAC President & CEO, the Communications Specialist’s duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Managing the day to day operations of the organization, with respect to Network deliverables, including but not limited to committee facilitation, website management, social media, Network communications, and overall program coordination.
- Assist with PTAC membership coordination, general and project administration, and corporate records, as required.
- Preparation and execution of all corporate communications pieces for the Networks, including but not limited to PowerPoint Presentations, Event Invitations, Network-Related Reports, Sponsorship Solicitation, News Releases, Network Project Summaries, etc.
- Management of Network related social media and website channels, including the measurement, collection, analysis and reporting of web traffic analytics.
- Facilitation of Network steering committees and sub-committees to ensure deliverables are met, and monitoring of project progress, budget, timelines, budget and risks, to ensure stakeholder satisfaction.
- Execution of directives and action items as required or assistance to committee members to complete their actions items/directives.
- Coordination with other industry associations and groups to promote cross collaboration where necessary.
- Preparation and distribution of Network project materials including expression of interest forms and funding agreements.
- Coordinating workshops, forums, and conferences.
- Administrative support to PTAC’s President & CEO.
- Act as the Board Secretary, assisting in taking all Board, Executive Committee, and Finance and Audit Committee meeting minutes and assisting in preparing meeting materials.
Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, or Social Sciences.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong knowledge and expertise with Social Media platforms such as LinkedIn and Twitter, Zoom, etc.
- Superior administrative and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and with groups.
- Energetic team player with a positive attitude.
- Flexible, self-starter.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarization with WordPress and Hootsuite.
Assets, but NOT requirements:
- 3+ years of experience working in a corporate office environment.
- Previous experience in the oil and gas Industry.
- Corporate Communications Experience.
- Event development, preparation, and execution experience.
- Website design and CRM experience.
- Previous experience in coordinating forums, workshops, and conferences.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Contract length: 12 months with potential for conversion to full time employment
Expected start date: April 2022.
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
COVID-19 considerations: All employees are working on a hybrid schedule, in the office from Tuesday-Thursday and working from home Monday-Friday. Events, meetings and conferences are still being held online.
- corporate experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
- Hybrid – At home and at the office
If you are interested and qualified for the above position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by 12:00 p.m. MST on March 30, 2022.