Petroleum Technology Alliance Canada and Clean Resource Innovation Network invite you to join us for the annual
Methane Emissions Reduction Forum
November 4 & 5, 2020 in your own home!
This informative two day event brings together stakeholders from government organizations, regulatory bodies, oil and gas producing companies, service and supply companies, research centres, and academic institutions to discuss and collaborate on various aspects of oil and gas methane emission detection, mitigation, and reporting, such as: regulations, policies, research, technology development and deployment, and best practices, to meet the 45% methane reduction target by 2025.
This forum discusses current and future challenges facing the Canadian oil and gas industry related to 2025 methane emissions reductions targets and, in exploring this critical issue, takes a closer look at the current state of emissions reduction opportunities as well as the challenges and opportunities available to support technology innovation and new practices.
Time Sessions 8:30 a.m. MST Opening Remarks
Soheil Asgarpour, President & CEO, Petroleum Technology Alliance Canada (PTAC)
8:40 a.m. Keynote Address The Honourable Jason Nixon, Alberta Minister of Environment and Parks 9:00 a.m. Session 1: A Comprehensive Introduction to Net Zero - Ryan Chong, Management Consultant, Dienerian Resources Inc.
- Mike Crabtree, President & CEO, Saskatchewan Research Council
- Monica Gattinger, Professor, School of Political Studies, University of Ottawa
- Drew Leyburne, Assistant Deputy Minister, Natural Resources Canada
- Kevin Stashin, PTAC Board Chair
- Moderator : Soheil Asgarpour, President & CEO, PTAC
11:00 a.m. BREAK - 30 minutes 11:30 a.m. Session 2: Creating Revenue from CO2 - Blake Adair, Manager Projects, Innovation and Product Development, Nutrien
- Patrick Elliott, COO and co-founder, Carbon Alpha
- Cailee Ellis, Head of Sustainability and Environment, Lafarge (Western Canada)
- Candice Paton, Director, Regulatory Affairs & External Relations, Enhance Energy
- Joy Romero, Executive Advisor Innovation, Canadian Natural Resources Ltd.
-Moderator: Dan MacLean, CEO & President, Petroleum Technology Research Centre
1:15 p.m. LUNCH - 45 minutes 2:00 p.m Session 3: Technologies & Innovation to Reduce Cost - Craig Golinowski, President & Managing Partner, Carbon Infrastructure Partners
- Don Lawton, Science Director, Carbon Management Canada
- Dan MacLean, CEO & President, Petroleum Technology Research Centre
- Sean McCoy, Assistant Professor, Petroleum Engineering, University of Calgary
- Moderator: Bryan Helfenbaum, Executive Director of Advanced Hydrocarbons, Alberta Innovates, and CRIN Theme Lead for Low Emissions Value Added Products.
3:45 p.m Closing Remarks - Soheil Asgarpour, President & CEO, PTAC 4:00 p.m. Virtual Social Networking, Exhibition and E-Poster Session 4:30 p.m. Day 1 Adjourned
Time Session 8:00 a.m. MST Opening Remarks
Soheil Asgarpour, President, Petroleum Technology Alliance Canada
8:10 Keynote Address: Deputy Minister Jean-François Tremblay, Natural Resources Canada 8:45 Session 5: Stakeholders Moderator: Andrew Noseworthy, Assistant Deputy Minister, Clean Technologies, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
• Jackson Hegland; Executive Director, Methane Emissions Leadership Alliance (MELA)
• Bill Rosehart- Professor and Dean, Schulich School of Engineering, University of Calgary
10:10 BREAK - 20 minutes 10:30 Session 6: Methane Detection- Technology Moderator: Steve Liang, Founder and CTO, SensorUp Inc.
• Rick Tofani; Director ARIS, SAIT
• Matt Johnson; Head Research Professor of the Energy & Emissions Research Laboratory (EERL), Carleton University
• Dave Risk; GeoVerra Chair in Emissions Research , Department of Earth Sciences, St. Francis Xavier University
• Bart Wauterickx, CEO, The Sniffers
12:00 p.m. LUNCH - 60 minutes 1:00 Session 7: Methane Mitigation Technologies Moderator: Heather Carmichael, Director, Strategic Climate Policy, Government of Alberta
• Henri Tessier, Managing Partner, Calscan
• Connor O’Shea, President, Westgen Technologies Inc.
• Dallas Rosevear-Chief Business Development Officer, Clear Rush Co.
• Steve Froehler, Owner, LCO Technologies
• Howard Malm-Chief Technical Officer, REM Technology
• Cooper Robinson, Director, Energy Services, Radicle
• Brian VanVliet- Technical Sales Specialist, Environment Solutions, Spartan Controls
2:30 BREAK - 30 minutes 3:00 Session 8: Field Testing Facilities Moderator: Vanessa White, Alberta Innovates
• Erica Emery; Research Engineer, Process Development, Saskatchewan Research Council
• Larry Frederick, Senior Technical Advisor, PTAC
• John Adams, Managing Director, NGIF (Fund I), and NGIF Cleantech Ventures (Fund II) – Natural Gas Innovation
4:30 Closing Remarks 4:40 Virtual Social Networking, Exhibition and E-Poster Session 6:00 Forum Adjourned
During the Methane Emissions Reduction Forum on November 4 & 5, we invite our attendees to explore through the virtual exhibition hall and engage with exhibitors on live video chats, public chats, private chats, and more.
Current 2020 MERF Exhibitors:
- Bridger Photonics, Inc.
- Calscan Solutions
- Carbon Connect International
- GreenPath Energy Ltd.
- Grid Environmental
- InnoTech Alberta
- Kathairos Solutions Inc.
- Kuva Systems
- LCO Technologies
- Process Ecology
- Simark Controls Ltd.
- Target Emissions Services Inc.
- Westgen Technologies
Exhibit at MERF 2020
At this year’s PTAC | CRIN Methane Emissions Reduction Forum we are using Pheedloop, a new interactive software that has the power to support virtual exhibition booths. You can connect with attendees on a live video, in private chats, get real-time information on who visits your booth, and more.
Cost to Exhibit:
- PTAC Members: $300
- Non-PTAC Members: $600
- This includes free PTAC membership until September 2021
Click here for more information on all the unique features available to you through Pheedloop:Exhibition Features
Contact Lauren Arthur at [email protected] to reserve your spot at the exhibition or for more information.