The purpose of this event is to provide valuable information to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) about support, services and funding that could be available to them. Since 2014, low oil prices have resulted in significant budget cuts by petroleum producers, which have shrunk the market addressable by SMEs and have reduced funding and resources for crucial demonstration trials. This event will provide information about many questions facing SMEs in this fast changing and challenging business environment, including:
- Funding programs available to SMEs for technology and application development;
- Services available to increase SME capabilities to compete and grow.
Benefits to participants will include:
- Networking with colleagues experienced in emerging technologies and in bridging the innovation gap toward full commercialization;
- Sharing innovation strategies to successfully drive results;
- Interaction with SME peers who have experience with moving technology to commercial demonstration;
- Establishing or deepening relationships with advisors from government and service companies.
Coffee, water, and refreshments will be provided.
If you are interested in participating in this session remotely, please contact Kristie Martin at [email protected] to be added to the webinar registration list. Please note that a $20.00 fee will be charged to non-members who wish to participate via webinar.
9:15 AM – Registration
9:30 AM – Welcome and Introduction by PTAC: Marc Godin
9:35 AM – Presentation by Strategic Timelines: Eileen Ashmore
9:50 AM – Presentation by the Business Development Bank of Canada: Brenda Slauko
10:05 AM – Presentation by Alberta Innovates: Michael Kerr
10:20 AM – Presentation by Mitacs: Oba Harding
10:35 AM – Presentation by Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC): Irene Mikawoz
10:50 AM – Presentation by ATB Financial: Ranice Macyk
11:05 AM – Presentation by National Research Council Canada – Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP): Tamer Al-Ramahi
11:20 AM – Presentation by TSGI Corporation: Michael Bosdet
11:35 AM – Networking Session
12:00 PM – Adjournment
Overview of the 40 Main Funding Programs by Strategic Timelines
Pre-Event Fee (before noon October 16)
PTAC Member: Free
Non-Member: $50.00 +GST
PTAC Member: $25.00 +GST
Non-Member: $75.00 +GST