Date(s) - 13/07/2020
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Remote Webinar Participation
Contact us at [email protected]
Office Phone: 403-218-7700
If you missed the event, please click here to watch the presentation and feedback.
Find the presentation slides here: PTAC TIS July 13 2020
PTAC is only a facilitator for this presentation. PTAC makes no representation regarding ownership or quality of any technology described by a presenter, or generally as to the contents of a presentation. PTAC does not endorse any presenter nor the technology presented. Please use your own judgment. PTAC trusts that each presenter will engage in fair trade practices, but does not police or otherwise enforce this policy in any manner.
As of January 1, 2020 Oil and Gas facilities were required to start conducting leak detection and repair (LDAR) monitoring to meet new Federal and/or Provincial methane reduction regulations. The onsite LDAR survey frequency is dependant on facility type and location, but generally requires a survey 1 to 3 times per year. Target Emission Services (a Montrose Environmental Group Company) is the largest provider of Optical Gas Imaging services in Canada and has completed 2,650 LDAR surveys from January to April 2020 across 6 provinces. They will be sharing the results of this first round of LDAR surveys, identifying program challenges and best practices, as well as discussing technology options for applying Alternative Fugitive Emission Management Programs.
This presentation will include the following:
- Overview of technologies and protocols used to conduct the surveys
- Analysis of the number and size of leaks detected at different facilities
- Cost/Benefit Analysis of leak repairs and gas savings
- Evaluating program challenges and identifying best practices for successful surveys
- Examine the role of effective LDAR data management and communication
- Review of Alternative LDAR technologies (installed monitoring, vehicle and drone based scanning)
Terence Trefiak, P. Eng.
Faizal Damji, EIT