Date(s) - 02/10/2019
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
PTAC Conference Room
Contact us at [email protected]
Office Phone: 403-218-7700
Join us on October 2 to learn how legacy sour gas plants in the province could be converted, at relatively low cost, into large scale/centralized hydrogen and CO2 production facilities. Hydrogen can be transported within the province or to external markets as a hydrogen/methane mix or “hythane” to allow use of existing pipelines, compression equipment for use as a low carbon fuel, or by separating the hydrogen and methane at a downstream source.
Patro Research Ltd. and New Paradigm Engineering Ltd. have identified a major opportunity for innovation which is potentially unique to Alberta and could:
- Provide a low cost source of hydrogen, to reduce emissions from a wide range of stationary combustion sources, chemical processing, and alternative fuels;
- Provide upstream oil producers with a low cost local source of CO2 for Enhanced Oil Recovery;
- Provide mid-stream processors with sour gas processing capacity and pipeline companies with surplus gas transmission capacity, with a way to extend the life of their capital assets with minimal new investment;
- Provide increased, and value added markets, for natural gas producers;
- Provide renewable energy generators with a lower cost and more efficient method of getting renewable energy to new markets, while also providing energy storage;
- Provide on-going jobs and economic diversification in Alberta and in communities currently being faced with losses in their economic future due to looming shutdowns of oil, gas and gas processing facilities.
- Provide a pathway for Alberta and Canada to take an economic step towards a lower carbon economy without relying on major government subsidies or a total abandonment of viable fossil fuel supplies.
We recommend these interested parties to attend:
- Mid-stream processors or owners of major sour gas processing facilities;
- Oil producers willing to consider CO2 EOR for oil fields in western Alberta;
- Gas producers looking for new markets;
- Pipeline companies looking to increase the value of their pipeline assets
- Downstream users of natural gas or hydrogen who are looking for suppliers.
Click here to view the Presentation!
11:30AM – Registration and Lunch
12:00PM – Presentation and Discussion
1:00PM – Adjournment
PTAC Member: Free
Non-Member: $50.00 +GST
PTAC Member: $25.00 +GST
Non-Member: $75.00 +GST